Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New painting series inspired by the computer

CS Poster
Above is a poster that I designed for the dinner party that my gallery is having next Saturday. Craig asked if I might have a couple of my new paintings ready to exhibit by then. I am currently working on a new series of paintings based on computer sketches and experiments.

NewPtg1
Here is an abstract figure study that I hope to have finished in time to exhibit at the party. On each side of the painting you can see the sketches which were done on my computer.

NewPtg2
Another abstract figure study which I hope to have finished in time. My cats seem to like this one

NewPtg8A

Here is another computer sketch which I also have started to paint but probably will not be able to complete in time.
Craig has these invitational dinner parties every so often and they are a lot of fun. Many of the gallery artists also attend and welcome the opportunity to meet the art collectors.

No comments: