Monday, February 7, 2011

More rush storyboards

This assignment was faxed to me at 8:00 pm on a Friday night and was due in New York on Monday morning. There were 12 large frames, 6 x 9" plus bleed.

Family1
Here is one of the sketches that the art director sent me as a guide. My instructions were to keep certain elements within the grid shown on his sketches. The grid would be added later by the art director.

Family2
Here is one of my preliminary sketches that I sent to the art director on Saturday for approval.

Family3

Family4
Here is part of the group of frames, they were all rendered using markers on high quality layout paper, a typical over the weekend assignment. The last year that I worked in that field, every assignment had a brutal deadline. Storyboard artists always work under a great deal of pressure. If you don't work well under extreme pressure, this is not a career for you.

No comments: