Monday, November 30, 2009

Cranking out storyboards

Storyboards are usually done under adverse conditions like a terrible deadline. An artist develops a reputation for meeting deadlines as well as interpreting the script in an interesting way. Often, because of time restraints, the renderings must be done fast and loose. These examples are part of a series that I did for Y & R in Irvine, California. I had to do 65 frames over a weekend.

A5-7
One of the problems with this assignment was that I had to find specific reference for many of the frames which takes up a good deal of time.

A6-8
A close up of the statues at Grand Central Station in Manhattan. I had no time to spend on these frames, you can see how loosely they are rendered.

A11-12
The eagles on top of the Chrysler building.

C7-8
This assignment was for an automotive client, Lincoln Mercury and also had a lot of automobiles in it to render which complicated things even more. In my next post I'll show a few of those frames. I don't recall the Art Director's name, but he was very good to work with.

No comments: