Friday, March 23, 2012

Progress with my new painting

Dream1
I begin by painting in the blue background color. It's wise to get the canvas covered and get rid of the stark white background so that you can tell how the colors are working together.

Dream2
I then add a lighter blue to the lower half of the painting and add a couple more colors.

Dream3
I fill in all of the body colors and now can tell better how everything is working together. I decide that the moon shapes are too large and will paint over them.

Dream 5
With a few color changes I feel everything is coming together well. I have added smaller moon shapes that seem to work much better. A few more hours and the painting will be finished. Check my next post.

2 comments:

Tris Mast said...

It's looking great. I'll stay tuned.

Harry Borgman said...

Thanks Tris,
I appreciate you comments, I think that it's going to be a good painting, it's a fun one anyway !