Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Twelfth painting in my new series

Ptg1
Here I have drawn the image on a 30 x 30" canvas with a Design Art Marker pen. I did several computer sketches for this painting and have taped a couple of them to my drawing board.

Ptg2
I begin as usual by painting in the background. This color may change as I cover the blank canvas with the other colors.

Ptg3
Here I paint the figure shapes in.

Ptg4
Other colors are then painted in, gradually building up the painting.

Coy Nude
The colors go through quite a few changes before COY NUDE is finished. A darker purple worked much better on the figure shapes and the black shapes help the overall design a great deal. I don't actually just duplicate my original sketches, but use them only as a starting point for these paintings. Most of these paintings can be seen at the Craig Smith Gallery in Harbert, Michigan. Craig took COY NUDE to his Oak Park, Illinois gallery

No comments: