Friday, August 21, 2009

Recent cartoons

During my career as an advertising artist I also was always heavily involved with the fine arts producing paintings as well as sculpture which I exhibited in galleries and art centers. While the fine art field is a serious business there certainly is a lot of silly stuff going on. I decided to do a series of cartoons about the fine art world. Here are a few examples from my book ART THERAPY.

ArtTherapy53

ArtTherapy8

ArtTherapy 46

ArtTherapy 19

ArtTherapy27

ArtTherapy14

ArtTherapy51

ATBkCov093
These drawings were all done with a marker pen on layout paper, then scanned into my computer where the color was added. To me, this is a superior way of working compared to the traditional methods of creating this type of art.
ART THERAPY is available from Xlibris.com.

No comments: