Friday, July 3, 2009

I did a variety of art for Ford Times

38-8 Ford Times 2 48
A painting of the winter birds at Montauk. I was starting to use the Designer's Colors opaquely rather than as washes of color.

39-1 Ford Times 3 48
The Black Hills, South Dakota.

FT Scott'sBluff
Scotts Bluff, Nebraska.

39-2 Ford Times 2 48
Bad Water in Death Valley.

39-3 Ford Times 3 48
A decorative version of an adobe brick making maxchine.

39-4 Ford Times 3 48
A map of homegrown legends in the United States.

4 comments:

Vince A said...

Hi Harry,

When you do commercial artwork such as these, who has ownership of the artwork?

I am also thinking of all the artwork in your books. A lot of them were for your clients. Did you have to get permission from them to publish them in your books?

Vince

Harry Borgman said...

Hi Vince,
Ford retained ownership of the paintings done for Ford Times at that time. Today I would imagine that the artist would own the art.
I did not need to get permission from the clients to use the artwork shown in my books.
Harry

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

Absolutely gorgeous paintings, Harry. I'm really enjoying this series of Ford Times work! Very appealing to say the least.

Harry Borgman said...

Hi Drake,
Thanks for your comments. It was fun doing paintings for Ford Times and was also my first big break in the business. I checked out your site, I especially like the logos that you designed, great stuff !
Harry