Monday, November 3, 2008

More exhibitions and comic book cover parodies

4-8 C.Smith

The Craig Smith Gallery in Harbert, MI had an exhibit of my acrylic figure studies in 2007, this is the poster I designed for the exhibition.

4-9 Fayettville

A good friend of mine from my Detroit illustration days was Bob Rector, an automotive artist who ended up living and painting in Fayetteville, NC. When Bob passed away his gallery, City Center Gallery and Books and the Fayetteville Museum of Art decided to have a memorial exhibition for him. I was invited to participate and this is the poster for the event.

4-10 Krasl

Here is another poster for the Krasl Art Center Text As Art exhibit. The art shown is actually a combination acrylic painting and a collage I did using prints created on the computer.

4-3Gallery posters

More gallery posters, the bottom two are for exhibitions of my Comic Book Cover Parodies. This is a series of limited edition prints that I have been working on for the last couple of years. When I was a kid I always wanted to be a comic book artist, my high school art teacher steered me into the commercial and fine arts. Through the years, however, I always managed to do a few cartoons and comic strips

4-4 Time Traveler/>

These comic book covers were all created on the computer. I usually do ink line drawings which I scan into the computer, compose the elements, then add the color and the type.

4-5 ManBat

Another cover, a take-off on Batman and Robin.

4-6 Comic Covs

Two more examples of the comic book covers. On the Dracula cover I adapted a line illustration that I had done for a Dracula book many years ago.

No comments: