Monday, September 14, 2009

Some examples of my sculpture

Through the years I have done many sculptures including wood carvings, metal constructions and even a few bronze castings. My wife Jeanne felt that I was really in my element in the sculptural medium. I'm not sure about that, but I thoroughly enjoy creating sculpture.

Sculpture 2
This is GEMINI cast in bronze. I begin a sculpture like this by doing a few sketches, then I build up the piece using clay or wax. The finished model is cast in bronze after a mold is made. One of the faces on this piece was highly polished. Below is my cat Laura lounging next to GEMINI.

Sculpture 1
Here is FOUR WINDS, a bronze casting from a wax model. These are the only bronze sculptures that I have created, it's a very interesting medium to work in.

No comments: