Friday, September 2, 2011

Colored pencil drawings

More drawings from my book DRAWING IN PENCIL.

Sri Lanka1
ALONG KANDY LAKE
A drawing done from a photograph taken in Sri Lanka. When traveling I always take many photographs that might be used later as reference material for drawings or paintings.

SriLanka2
BANANA GIRL, BESAKIH MARKET, BALI
I used Primacolor pencils for all of these drawings. This one was rendered on a smooth surfaced bristol board.

Sandra
SANDRA
Another drawing done from a photograph of a young woman that was our maid when we lived in Paris. I used colored pencils as well as oil crayons on this drawing.

2 comments:

papillon said...

Harry - a name from the past the guy standing next to you in the toilet of the bar across from the GM building way back when in Motown - you asked me if I was happy working in the studio around the corner. I said I was happy but starving. You invited me to join you at Campbell Ewald...later I left Detroit and moved back to London - then Amsterdam - then Paris where I was C.D.and I was able to repay you for giving me my first agency job. Reading your biography it all came back to me - it is good to know you are still creating images and I would enjoy communicating with you.
Bob McLaren.

Harry Borgman said...

Hi Bob,
It's great to hear from you. I've thought about you often and wondered how to contact you. You were a good client of mine in Paris. After leaving Paris I spent ten years in New York City. My beautiful wife Jeanne passed away a few years ago. My Email address is on the right side of this page, send me your Email address.
Harry