Friday, December 4, 2009

Painting over an old painting

I ran out of canvas and wanted to get started on one of my new paintings and decided to paint over an older painting titled SUDAN. This painting was commissioned by someone when I lived in New York. They never paid me for it so I took it back.

Sudan
I liked the shapes and colors in SUDAN and retained some of the original in this new work titled SWEET PURPLE NUDE. Craig Smith, my gallery owner, had misread the original title, SEATED PURPLE NUDE, and I liked his title better, so I changed it.

NewPtg
If you study these images you will see that many of the shapes and colors in the original work were retained in the new painting. It's not unusual for artists to paint over older paintings, I've done quite often. This new series is on display at Craig's gallery presently.

Craig Smith Announcement

Several area galleries are having a charity event tomorrow and here are a couple of posters I designed for the Craig Smith Gallery who will be featuring some of my new paintings. Gloria will also have a table at Craig's displaying her Mary Kay cosmetic line as well as her book "50 Ways To Find Romance After 50".

Gloria'sposter

If anyone out there is interested in knowing more about Gloria's book, you can contact her at romanceafter50(at)sbcglobal(dot)net.

No comments: