Recently I found a paperback book on the internet that I had painted the cover for in the early 1960's. When I received the book I got a surprise, the book was a double edition and had another cover that I had painted on the other side. The covers were painted using acrylics on illustration board.
A blowup section showing some of the detail in the illustration.
On this illustration I used myself as the model.
A blowup showing the detail in the painting. The glowing white and black spots were done using an airbrush. I only did about a dozen paperback covers as I was very busy with automotive assignments. I wish now that I had done more, they were a lot of fun to illustrate.