Saturday, October 16, 2010

Storyboards for Doner

I used to do a lot of comp and storyboard work for the Doner ad agency in Southfield, Michigan. They used to call me in for a week or two at a time to work on premises. The disadvantage of working at the agency was that I would not be able to use any of my extensive reference files, which meant that I had to pretty much draw everything from scratch. Doner is located about 3 1/2 hours from my home in Sawyer, Michigan, an easy drive and it also allowed me to visit a few old friends back in Detroit where I was born.

Doner1

Doner2

DONer3
These frames were all done in the 5 x 7" size using markers on layout paper. The agency always seemed to have many campaigns going and I would usually be working with several different art directors. Some of the deadlines were brutal, as is the case with most storyboard assignments. The agency had a color copying machine which enabled me to make copies of most of the work that I did. After a couple of weeks of turning out tons of storyboard frames I went home for a well needed rest.

No comments: